Electric grippers have an electric drive implemented, for example, by means of a cylindrical coil and a permanent magnet cup, or of different types of engines. There are stepper motors, constant-current motors with encoder or servo motors for alternating current.
Advantages of electric grippers:
- Simple installation, in most cases a Plug & Play connection
- No need for compressors, filters and piping
- Possibility of control by means of PLC controllers
- Mounting sensors integrated in the gripper
- Low maintenance costs and greater precision than pneumatic grippers
- Possibility of fine adjustment of gripping force and closing / opening time
- Lucking in case of sudden voltage decay - Emergency Stop
- Energy collection only when opening and closing
- Possibility of use in conditions requiring special purity, e.g.: pharmaceutical industry, food industry, etc.