In an epicyclic or planetary gear train, several spur gears distributed evenly around the circumference run between a gear with internal teeth and a gear with external teeth on a concentric orbit. The circulation of the spur gear takes place in analogy to the orbiting of the planets in the solar system. This is how planetary gears acquired their name.
Advantages of planetary gears:
- Coaxial arrangement of input shaft and output shaft
- Load distribution to several planetary gears
- High efficiency due to low rolling power
- Almost unlimited transmission ratio options due to combination of several planet stages
- Suitable as planetary switching gear due to fixing this or that part of the gearbox
- Possibility of use as overriding gearbox
- Favorable volume output
- Suitability for a wide range of applications
Selection of gears
Two functional tools are available to facilitate the selection of the gears. The first is the Tec Data Finder, which allows you to generate a data sheet with a technical drawing of the planetary gear, precisely matched to the engine flange. Data is provided in the form of CAD models to reduce design time. Click here.
The second tool is NCP which is a program used to perform quick calculations of the planned drive system. Within a few minutes you can configure the right combination of engine and transmission based on the data entered into the application. The program is free and can be downloaded here.
If you have any questions, please contact WObit specialists.