The SMC64v2 miniature driver is designed to work with a two-step stepper motor with bipolar winding (8- or 4-wire) or a 6-wire unipolar winding turned on as bipolar. It allows control with full step or split of step to 2/4/5/8/10 or 16 parts forcing constant current value in the motor winding irrespective of the voltage value of the supply. Each timing pulse causes the motor to be rotated one step, half step 1 / 4.1 / 5, 1/8, 1/10 or 1/16 step depending on the selection of the division with jumpers M1, M2 and M3.
The motor's rated current is determined by means of miniature switches in the range of 1.2 - 3.5 A. In the mode of lower voltage consumption (up to 50%), the decay of clock pulses is decisive (automatic reduction after 0.5sec). The SMC64v2 controller is normally equipped with active cooling in the form of a heat sink with a fan (W) and is designed for mounting on a mounting rail. For installation in the device there are also versions (B) with a sheet aluminum helix (thickness 2 mm).
- Microprocessor, integrated power levels for two-phase bipolar motors,
- Temperature, voltage and short-circuit protection (part, does not protect against short circuit to the supply and between phases),
- Supply voltage max. 40V DC, Ă?
- High rated current 3.5 A (4 A temporary),
- Full-, semi-current or microstep work (1/4, 1/5, 1/8, 1/10, 1/16),
- Two programmable timing frequencies,
- Voltage input 0..5 V to control the internal step signal generator,
- Function of soft start and relapse,
- 20kHz plug speed,
- Optoinsolation of input and output signals,
- Removable automatic voltage reduction,
- LED indicator for powering and error output,
- Power supply, signals to the motor and control on Combicon splices.