The Responsible Business Forum is the largest organization in Poland dealing with CSR and sustainable development. On May 25, during the 9th CSR Fair, the 20th anniversary report of the Responsible Business Forum "Responsible Business in Poland. Good practices. ". Jest to największy w Polsce przegląd inicjatyw społecznej odpowiedzialności biznesu i zrównoważonego rozwoju. Zaprezentowano tam 1677 działań podjętych przez 283 firmy. Również firma WObit została wyróżniona za działania w obszarach praktyk z zakresu pracy oraz zaangażowania społecznego i rozwoju społeczności lokalnej. Sześć naszych praktyk znalazło się w raporcie i stanowi inspirację do dalszych działań na rzecz ludzi i środowiska.
Out of 283 organizations, 80 are micro, small and medium-sized enterprises. This is an increase in the number of companies in this sector by 40% compared to the previous year. This shows that smaller and smaller economic entities are socially engaged and this is an important element of their activities. We are glad that we are part of this dynamically developing sector and we can have a real impact on the implementation of the goals of the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development.
The practices that were highlighted in the report include:
- Apprentices at WObit - education and support of apprentices from nearby high schools and universities, under the supervision of experienced employees of the company, gained theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of mechanics, mechatronics, programming and logistics.
- Charity autumn - books for the foundation - employees became involved in a charity campaign by contributing to the collection of books for patients of oncology wards, organized by the Oncology Foundation "Rakiety". We wrote about it HERE. Charity autumn at WObit
- Charity autumn - Responsible fashion - for people and the environment - collection of clothes and textiles organized together with the Polish Red Cross and spreading knowledge about responsible fashion. The campaign covered four areas: responsible helping; containers and foundations (how to verify the legality of collections); fast fashion and slow fashion; environmental impact of clothes (the impact of the garment industry on the environment, water resources and the oceans, how to distinguish between materials and choose certified clothes). We wrote about it HERE. Charity autumn at WObit
- WObit supports the development of cardiac surgery - the company is committed to supporting the development of cardiac surgery and cooperates with the Foundation for the Development of Cardiac Surgery. prof. Zbigniew Religa in the sale of components necessary for surgical robots. The company donates part of the income from the sale of products and supports the campaign "Donate 1% of your tax" to complete research on a heart prosthesis for young patients. We wrote about it HERE. WObit received the 2020 Foundation Friend statuette
- WObit brings a smile to small patients - involvement in helping small patients and supporting the staging of a theatrical performance for children from the oncology department of the Clinical Hospital. Karol Jonscher in Poznań. The company's representation, together with one of the MOBOT Transporter U1 robots, took part in the Krakow performance of "The Theater for One Smile". We wrote about it HERE. WObit brings a smile to small patients
- Acting in accordance with the values regarding the education of the young generation, WObit has opened the door for students of technicians: mechatronics and automation specialists as part of the practice Know your future work environment - automation specialists and mechatronics from Białystok at WObit. The company's employees shared their knowledge. and experience in the production of industrial robots in the spirit of Industry 4.0, quality management using KAIZEN methods and legal issues. Thanks to the practice, students had the opportunity to learn about new technologies. We wrote about it HERE.
We are proud that once again we can share good practices and inspire ourselves and others.
You can read the 2021 Report by clicking HERE
You can learn more about the Sustainable Development Goals HERE